Sunday, April 25, 2010

Speaking Portfolio

Date: 26th April 2010

Entry: 1

Last Saturday I had a conversation with my landloard, who a is kiwi and very nice person and I often talk to him specially at the weekends when he does lawn mauwing or gardening, because I think we both very chaty. The coversation was about social purposes and it last about 20 to 25 minutes.The conversation was in the garden which is beside my unit, we mainly talked about house work. It was nice conversation I could easily understand everything because there was not any cutural defferences.

Our conversation began with common greetings then we started talking about many things like you are working hard, cleaning and studying. He appreciated me that I have a part time job, I am studying and my house is always very neat and clean and he asked me how I can manage to do all these!

When we started talking he said " you and me only work hard in this house" So I did not get this words first time the sound was like "even me only work hard in this house" then I asked him that David can you repeat that what you just said?

Our conversation was well flow, I asked him questions and he asked me questions and I did not feel any hesitation. I had a littile problem with his pronounciation when he said you and me it sounds like even me so I realise that I will need to focus on pronounciation in my next conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment