Date: 5th May 2010
Entry: 3
Refection:
Last Tuesday I had conversation with a lady who works in Three Kings library, she is a native English speaker, I talked to her about 15 minutes to get some information about librarian qualification in Auckland because I would like work in library in the future, when I said that the lady was so surprised!! and said really!! and said I am very glad that you want to do this then I asked her why she was saying after that she told me that hardly people want to work in library.
When I was waiting in a queue for someone to talk then a lady came and said can I help you? Then I talked to her about my study and what I want to do in the future so she adviced me what to do and where to go after for while she said ok ...... have another try and good luck see you again.
During our conversation I noticed vocabulary feature when she asked me where I am from and I told her I am from Bangladesh, she did not recognise first time the country when I explained that it is near India after that she uesd a word "pop culture" then I tried to guess the meaning and continued the conversation.
At the begining our conversation was not really flow well because I could not explain her very well what I actually I wanted to know. I explained my point that if I want to work in library what sort of qualification I need. So it caused problems with communication and I felt little bit shame,in my next conversation I will make plan before I need information or anything like that.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment