Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Listening to tv3 news

25 March 2010

Entry: 1

Source: http://www.tv3news.co.nz/

Strategies:

1. I tried to concentrate tv3 news around 6

2. Then I watched it again online

Evaluation:
1) This strate was 50% helpful because the guy who does the cambo live programmes he pseaks very fast and I missed so many things.In that case I tried cath some key words like the man up a tower screwed by ACC when I heard this word I got wrong spelling of screwed then I checked online dictionary so I got it right now. I take note of vocabulary and check online dictionary I reckon this is a good strategy.

2) I think this strategy was usefull because some of the news that I didn't understand on tv3 6 pm because they went too fast, when I watched it again I tried to focus listen carefully and I heard some words or chunks e.g a right to stavrve and right to die. This strategy helped me.

Reflection:
It was quiet useful strategy for me because it helps me to understand NZ accent, new words, chunks and good practice of listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment